Safe 'n Sound Malaysia Online Baby Shop is your number one source for unique and innovative baby products.

Language :
Currency:
Anti-bacterial Coating

  


Our indoor environment is teeming with all kinds of bacteria, virus, mould spores and various volatile organic compounds, all of which contribute towards a myriad of ill health symptoms of our loved ones. Cough and colds, influenza, eye and skin irritations, headaches, nausea are some examples. No matter how many times you clean, rinse, scrub and disinfect surfaces, these microbes come back in no time at all because they are present by the trillions in the air around us.



Biofilms are a combination of microorganisms in which cells adhere to each other on a surface. They are almost always found upon handles, keyboards, toys and other such high-touch areas. 80% of all infections can be attributed to biofilms. Biofilms impair the effective healing of wounds and limit the efficiency of antibacterial remedies to treat infected wounds. They are also responsible for Hospital-Acquired Infections (HAIs). Biofilms may present a sanitation and hygiene risk making it difficult to prevent food contamination. Listeria, Pseudomonas, Campytobacter, E.Coli and Salmonella are important food pathogens that are associated with biofilms.


         


Our unique product Omniyo Nano 223 is able to prevent the formation of biofilms through actively killing all organic compounds such as bacteria, viruses, fungi and dirt that come into contact with the coated surface. Through this active killing process, bacteria, viruses, mould and algae are unable to aggregate to form a biofilm. Omniyo Nano 223's small and pure particles are energized by any light source. Once energized, billions of particles produce powerful oxidants that decompose all organic material upon contact rapidly. This helps to ensure the maintenance of a surface that is always antibacterial and antivirus.


What are VOCs? Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are organic chemicals that evaporate into the air. Indoor sources include: paints and lacquers applied on wallpapers, wood preservatives, plywood, moth repellents, cleaning supplies, pesticides, everyday items such as perfumes and hair sprays, office equipment such as copiers and printers, graphics and craft material including glues and adhesives.


         


Respiratory and allergic effects in infants have also been associated with VOCs.

"Around two million children under five die every year from acute respiratory infections, the largest killer of young children. These infections are aggravated by environmental hazards such as indoor air pollution. Indoor air pollution is the 8th most important risk factor and responsible for 2.7% of the global burden of disease."

- World Health Organisation Fact sheet April 2003 & June 2005


As an affordablesafe, and transparent coating that is vital to the health of the occupants of your home, Omniyo Nano 223 offers a layer of protection against indoor air pollution. It is able to continuously oxidize all harmful organic components such as VOCs in the air, breaking them down into harmless substances such as carbon dioxide (CO2) and water vapor (H2O) rapidly.

Omniyo Nano 223 is the fastest and most economical way of eliminating lingering odors and cigarette smoke smells, purifying the air to remove all odors. Omniyo Nano 223's coating is virtually permanent and thus gives lasting protection over a period of time.


 

 

Moulds are simple, microscopic organisms that are found both indoors and outdoors. Requiring just heat and humidity, they can thrive on virtually any surface. In the home, moulds are usually located in damp, dark and steam-filled areas such as the bathroom, kitchen, behind walls and within insulation.

Moulds reproduce through releasing innumerable lightweight spores. Mould spores may cling onto clothing and fur and travel to new destinations which will then become toxic and infested.

The inhalation of mould spores, and/or fragments of the mould present a health hazard, causing allergenic reactions and respiratory problems. They can also aggravate pre-existing health conditions. Moulds have been known to be a contributing factor towards Sick Building Syndrome (SBS). Moulds produce mycotoxins which pose as a lethal health risk to both humans and animals. Prolonged exposure to mycotoxins can lead to the following commonly reported symptoms:-

 

  • Nasal and sinus congestion
  • Eye irritation
  • Chronic dry and hacking cough
  • Aggravation of asthma including wheezing, chest tightness, shortness of breath and other respiratory problems
  • Chronic Fatigue
  • Memory impairment
  • Headaches and/or migraines
  • Skin rashes or irritation
  • Difficulty focusing and concentrating
  • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
  • Suppression of the immune system

Patients who have recently been discharged from the hospital and/or are immune-suppressed are also extremely susceptible to health problems resulting from moulds.

Extremely effective in preventing the growth and further propagation of moulds within your household or building, Omniyo Nano 223 actively destroys airborne mould spores through photocatalytic reactions. It breaks down the cell membrane of moulds, deactivating all toxins into harmless inert substances. Omniyo Nano 223 is thus effectively anti-mould.

 

So how does this amazing product work? Photocatalysis.

Photocatalysis (photo + catalysis) refers to a reaction that involves light (photo-) and a catalyst. A catalyst is a substance that remains physically and chemically unchanged at the end of the reaction. Combining these two words, a photocatalytic reaction is one in which particles of Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) are energized by light energy to mediate chemical reactions.

Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) occurs naturally and is safe and inert. For over the last three decades, its effectiveness as a sanitizing, anti-microbial agent has been recognized. TiO2 is also approved as a food additive by the Federal Drug Agency (FDA).

Being able to utilize a wide range of light from both indoor and outdoor sources, TiO2 acts as a catalyst under a minimal amount of light energy to oxidize organic compounds upon contact.

               

When TiO2 absorbs light energy, it acts as a catalyst, breaking down water vapor to produce hydroxyl radicals (OH●) and oxyen gas to produce super oxide anions (O-). These powerful oxidants are able to effectively decompose toxic organic matter into harmless molecules of water and carbon dioxide.

Since TiO2 is a catalyst, by definition, the Omniyo Nano TiO2 coating can neither be used up nor worn out. Therefore, it has the unique ability to sustain the photo-oxidation process once applied.

The Omniyo Nano TiO2 coating thus continuously decomposes organic matter which includes:


  • Dirt such as soot, grime, oil and fuels
  • Biological organisms such as mould, viruses, bacteria, and other allergens
  • Air-borne pollutants such as Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) including but not limited to formaldehyde and benzene; cigarette smoke; nitrous oxides and sulfuric oxides thus eliminating ground ozone formation− a significant composition of smog
  • Odor-causing chemicals.

 Omniyo Nano 223 is smallpure and powerful. The increase in surface area due to its reduced size may produce an exponential effect leading up to 100x in efficacy. Omniyo Nano 223 also produces an ultra-durable strong bond with any surface. Omniyo Nano 223 is able to function under the widest range of light sources, actively eliminating all bacteria, viruses, molds and air pollutants.

Go to Omniyo Nano223 Spray

Go to Safe 'n Sound Latex Range with Nano223 covers